Good news everyone, there will be a DeepINTEL conference in 2014, and we are looking for presentations!
DeepINTEL 2014 will be held in September at the same location as in 2013. This single track two day event addresses mainly critical infrastructure, state organizations (administrative and law enforcement), accredited CERTs, finance organizations and trusted parties and organizations with a strong relation or partnership to the aforementioned. Due to the sensitive topics and the nature of the participants and speakers we will have a vetting process for participants. We’d like to know our audience, so that we all can talk freely and openly during the event. If you have questions on this, please contact us directly via firstname.lastname@example.org or the contact information given on our web site.
Here is the Call for Papers for DeepINTEL 2014:
We are looking for talks and topics around security intelligence. Security intelligence is any information, which enables us to choose better strategies for defending our information infrastructure. Basically it’s background information, information about what/where/why/who/… which is not covered by our traditional security topics like security management, incident handling, vulnerability research, and the like.
Security intelligence is using several different approaches: algorithmic and statistical analysis, infiltration of adversaries, data correlation, meta analysis and related techniques. Any of these topics is welcome. Furthermore if you use or know about other approaches regarding these topics you are more than welcome to complete our view!
Do you have in-depth information about the current threat landscape? Can you adapt security strategies based on new/old/re-examined information? Care for a „threat weather forecast“? Do you have ideas how to gather relevant information and isolate risks to your IT infrastructure? It’s not about tools and gadgets, it’s all about the Big Picture™ and Your Radar™. We invite everyone working in this field to send us submissions for a presentation.
Since the DeepINTEL event will be different from DeepSec 2014, please send your submissions to email@example.com and make sure the subject contains the string „CFP DeepINTEL 2014“. You can also send encrypted messages to us if you think that your suggestion is too sensitive for a public and clear-text mail service (please see our contact section on our web site).
Information about DeepINTEL 2014 for speakers:
- September 2014: arrival on Sunday, two day conference, departure on Wednesday (prolonging you stay is possible on you own account).
- Hotel Village SCHÖNLEITN, accommodation in 400-year-old lovingly restored farmhouses appear in Carinthia’s wonderful nature setting.
- Limited number of tickets for participants.
- Limited entrance for participants through a vetting process, on invitation or personal recommendation.
- Single track, 50 minute slots (45 + 5 Q/A).
- Speaker benefits include accommodation at the hotel (3 nights) and travel expenses (we will cap it to a maximum, just like we do at DeepSec; if you have questions, talk to us).
- We can arrange a side program for your significant other if you want to come with company.
- Don’t forget: Late Summer is a fantastic time in Austria!
This is our fist call, more will follow as we want to reflect on inputs from you!
So please send us your suggestions or questions and forward this to anyone who might be interested.
René “Lynx” Pfeiffer and Michael “MiKa” Kafka