Penetrating networks has never been easier. Given the network topology of most companies and organisations, security has been reduced to flat networks. There is an outside and an inside. If you are lucky there is an extra network for exposed services. Few departments have retained the skills to properly harden network equipment – and we haven’t even talked about the Internet of Things (IoT) catastrophe where anything is connected by all means necessary. Time to update your knowledge. Luckily we have just the right training for you!
In Paul Coggins’ intense 2 day class, students will learn the fundamentals of routing and switching from a blue and red team perspective. Using hands-on labs they will receive practical experience with routing and switching technologies with a detailed discussion on how to attack and defend the network infrastructure. The Participants of this workshop will leave the class with a good understanding of how to configure and operate routing and switching protocols as well as how to attack and defend the control, management and data planes in their organization networks.
This is what you can expect from the course:
• VLAN, VLAN Trunking
• VLAN security
• First hop network protocols
• First hop network protocols security issues
• ACLs and NAT
• IPv6 fundamentals
• IPv6 security
• Spanning Tree Protocol (STP)
• STP security
• OSPF and EIGRP configuration
• OSPF and EIGRP routing protocol security
• BGP operation overview
• BGP security
• MPLS overview
• MPLS security
• Network management
• Network management security
Additional Course Modules (Time Permitting)
• Software defined networking
• Open Flow
• SDN security
• Additional network infrastructure and protocol topics
• And more
• Instructor internationally known for teaching networking, hacking and forensics courses
• Instructor Who Hacks for a Living with 20+ years experience designing, implementing, troubleshooting, securing and hacking large complex networks
• Course uses CCNA Routing and Switching 200-120 Network Simulator for labs (Disclaimer: This is not a CCNA certification prep course).
Lab Software System Requirements:
Students must bring a laptop with local administrator level privileges for software installation.
• Windows 10, Windows 8.1, or Windows 7
• 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
• 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
• 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
• DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
• Mac OS X 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, or 10.8
• Intel core Duo 1.83 GHz
• 512 MB RAM (1GB Recommended)
• 1.5 GB Hard Disk space
• 32-bit color depth at 1024X768 resolution
• Adobe Acrobat Reader version 8 & above
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn about networks from the viewpoint of attackers and defenders alike.
Paul Coggin is an information Security Engineer. His expertise includes tactical, service provider, and ICS\SCADA network infrastructure attacks, and defenses, as well as large complex network design and implementation. His experience includes leading network architecture reviews, vulnerability analysis, and penetration testing engagements for critical infrastructure and tactical networks.